Website Technical Options
Extensive experience in managing Linux systems at
Senior Systems Engineer
· Extensive experience in managing Linux systems at scale.
· Proficient in at least one major configuration management system, such as Chef, Salt, Puppet or Ansible.
· Expertise in scripting in shell, Python, or similar.
· Detailed understanding of:
o computer hardware and architecture
o Linux kernel builds, configuration and tuning
o RPM or deb packaging, apt/yum repositories
o DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, SSH, PKI
o Performance characteristics of HDDs and SSDs
o IP, TCP, UDP
· Experience with the following is a plus:
o Distributed filesystems such as NFS, GPFS and Lustre
o High availability deployments using open source software
o High precision time synchronization using IEEE 1588 PTP, GPS, PPS, NTP
o VMware vSphere, ESX and vSAN
o Active Directory or LDAP
o Splunk, Grafana, Icinga, Sensu, Prometheus
o PostgreSQL and Influxdb
· Willing to participate in weekend change work and a 24/7 on-call rotation. Note, calls are rare.