New York, NY
QA Engineer will be a key member of a small QA team that works with developers and traders to test trading infrastructure, trading strategies, risk and compliance systems. On a day to day basis QA Engineer will write new automated tests for new features, maintain and upgrade existing tests, expand our in-house testing platform, debug errors with developers, and ensure our systems are ready for production on an ongoing basis.
- QA Engineer will Develop maintainable automation framework for C++, Java and hardware applications using best industry standards.
- QA Engineer Develop automation that adheres to industry standards for code design, version control and documentation.
- QA Engineer Design comprehensive test plans and cases that cover functional and technical specifications, integration, compatibility, and performance.
- Assist other team members with maintaining and troubleshooting automation scripts.
- Provide estimates for tasks needed to execute test plans.
- Perform functional, exploratory and negative testing, documenting test scripts.
- Ensure that test reports provide information needed to quickly assess overall results and efficiently investigate failures. Document defects with steps to reproduce.
Understand testing objectives and priorities and work with other team members to resolve problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Set up test environments and ensure that specified test sets are correctly executing on the proper code branches.
- Participate in periodic release activities as required.
- BS in computer science or related field.
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in written and spoken English.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in quality assurance area. Automation experience is a must.
- Minimum 3+ development experience using object oriented programming languages such as C++ or Java.
- Experience testing financial trading or risk management systems preferred.
- Experience using Atlassian product suite (Jira, Bamboo, BitBucket) preferred.
- Experience with SQL, preferably MSSQL.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SDLC and STLC.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks effectively in parallel.
- Able to work within an established team and be willing to take direction.